Monday, March 19, 2012

Birthdays


At the beginning of March I celebrated my birthday. My friend flew down from Edinburgh for the weekend and we pottered in Leamington Spa and had lunch at Cafe Rouge. Martha got a balloon there and was thrilled. In the evening I cooked butter chicken curry and we had extra bits and bobs, pink bubbly, ice cream and cake.


In the morning my very good friend arrived at our door with beautiful cupcakes iced to look like roses - adorable to look at and completely yummy. There is nothing better than a good friend except a good friend bearing cupcakes :)

Helen watching Martha blow the candles out 

 Chocolate Smarties cake was purchased to please a small girl who asked all week about 'sharing mummy's cake' and then didn't like the chocolate cake!! She did like blowing out the candles though. Note to self - sponge cake only in future! 


I can't believe those big birthday numbers belong to me these days. When I was 21 I had a joint party with my best friend Abi and we called it our 42nd Extravaganza (2 x 21 years) and now it's really here!! 


Despite being shocked at the numbers I am very thankful for where my life is at right now and grateful for the completion of another year with my family. 

No comments: