Monday, January 21, 2008

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was our little niece's Thanksgiving Service at their church. Sadly I was unwell and decided I better stay home (very disappointed!) but Mike went - they live near Liverpool - and they all had a lovely day. The service was very nice and she was good as gold and afterwards they went home for soup and fresh bread and puddings. The men walked it off while the ladies stayed home and talked.
She is a lovely little girl and we wish her a blessed and happy life xxx

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hope you're feeling better Annie - shame you missed the service and the good sounding food! Such a sweet baby.

Thanks for the comment - and yes, I did stay in Cortona some years back during my trip to Tuscany, AFTER reading 'Under the Tuscan Sun'. Frances Mayes lives here in North Carolina now - but still has Bramasole I believe - as her daughter and grandchild moved here some years ago.
I will do a post some day on Cortona and the other amazing Tuscan villages I visited. The tiny linen shop was so beautiful - the woman spoke no English - but I ended up with this length of gorgeous fabric, a similar table runner, and kitchen tea towels - I love all! I found Tuscany such a magical place and long to return.

Have a good week.
Hugs - Mary.