Thursday, February 25, 2010

Reading

I am trying this year to get more reading done - have failed miserably so far by only reading a handful. I'm on Goodreads but can't seem to put finger to keyboard to update it very often.

So far...

Anne Enright, The Gathering
Tom Barrett's motivational books - Dare to Dream, Work to Win and Success Happens
Helen Dunmore A Spell of Winter
Genesis study chapters 1-18
Cecelia Ahern The Gift
Donna Tartt The Secret History - just started.

On the waiting list....

Philippa Gregory The Virgin Queen
Andrea Levy The Long Song
Jenny Ditzler Your Best Year Yet
Margaret Atwood The Year of the Flood
Greg Mortenson Three Cups of Tea

I've also emailed our local bookshop to try to join their book group. It seems small which is appealing but it meets on a Wednesday night which is not the best for us but I am keen to try it out so I will see what happens.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

You have done pretty well so far looking at your list.
I am doing a study in Genesis at present as part of a study of the Torah. So much more than I would ever have realised when studying with learned Christian scholars who know ancient Hebrew and understand the cultural, spiritual, political and geographical situations behind all the passages.

Paula said...

I have always wanted to join a book club. We have considered starting one in our little town and may do that soon. I love to read!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving your kind message. I hope that you will visit with me again soon!

What region of England do you live in? My husband and I are planning a vacation there within a couple of years, and I am so excited about it.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Paula
www.paulasserendipity.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

I can give you the address of Pilgrims Hall (local to here) where I am involved and attended the studies there. They are holding copies of the study that I am doing. It is the same they use in the Bible College in Israel. They are a thick wad of A4 sheets. You can just have the sheets or can have them in a folder. Each book (i.e. Genesis) are £20 which sounds quite a lot when there are 5 books but there is so much in them. I am buying one at a time to spread the cost. You can always E-mail me - m y address is on my profile.

Forgot to say how much the baby is growing.