Friday, August 12, 2011

Vintage Fair Visit


At the weekend I headed to Stratford to a vintage fair which I had spotted online while looking for autumn fairs to book for my own business. 
It was set up really beautifully at the entrance and looked tempting but I was disappointed to find lots of 1980s stuff which for me is just not old enough to count as vintage! 
There were piles of clothes and jewellery but not as many homewares and quirky items as I would like plus lots of things were not priced and I just can't be bothered with that. I'm not too shy to ask and I'm not worried about saying "no thank you" if the price is not right for me...I simply don't want to ask 20-odd times, "how much is this?" ..."and this?"..."and these?" So I left with all the pennies in my pocket and headed to a Hathaways Tea Rooms opposite Shakespeare's birthplace.

I do love going back to Stratford. It seems like a long way back when I lived here and could wander around in the evenings when all the tourists had gone. Mike and I started going out when I lived here and would walk by the river and round Holy Trinity church. Happy days!


  
Camper van!


Cute sign!


The bell tent in the centre had a stall selling cupcakes - I resisted. They were pretty though!

No comments: