Monday, November 14, 2011

Scrapbooking

I have been scrapbooking for a while but at first it was just a glorified photo album. As time goes on I am more interested in telling 'the story'. Along with blogging and scrapbooking, saving 1000s of photos on a hard drive, Photobox online, and a few boxes of photo files I also write a memory book every once in a while for Martha that records events and also her new words and songs and funny little ways. 
I am beginning to think I am obsessed with recording it all....just have to keep checking that we are living life and doing what we need to and choose to and not just madly writing it down. Mostly I think we are. I say to Mike 'we need to stop doing so many things, we are having too much life and I can't keep up with scrapping it all.' 
Every now and again I have a burst of making pages and that makes me feel a bit better but I am still trying to catch up all the time :)

I never really thought about putting photos of pages on my blog but I look at other people's so why not? I have done a few pages today inspired by Shimelle Laine as she has been doing a prepping weekend online for her Christmas class. I need to get caught up with the rest of the year before I can fully enjoy that. 


I love Martha's expression as she looks at this cake!


This is our niece in January. I had lots of photos from this so copied an idea from 
Shimelle's 4 x 6 photo love demos. First time I have made a pocket containing a selection of photos. Loved that! and journalling all tucked in the back too. 


Asleep after a fun afternoon. She loves to wear a hat, this one is from Grandma's dressing up box. 
New for me too, secret journalling popped in behind the photo, a message for Martha one day. 


Love that Martha is wanting to read the Emma Bridgewater catalogue with Mike. I remember this day. We were very amused by her.


This one I love. Oranges, Martha adores them...they were a daily treat all last winter until they were past their best. We are just getting back into them again.

No comments: