Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Back to Scotland

After Mike and I had our trip together to Scotland I went back the following week for a very brief and busy visit as I had 2 team meetings to run, one in Edinburgh and one in Ayrshire. They went well. I also got to catch up with my friend Helen and have dinner in my favourite place Stazione. We finally swapped Christmas prezzies! and I got a lovely birthday present from her too. We had a good night catching up and I heard more about her November wedding plans.
Sadly I also went to see one of my oldest friends, Karen, who has just lost her dad to cancer so we had a cry together and then the next day I went to the funeral which was a very nice service. They had beautiful stitched banners up in the church depicting lots of poppies which commemorated those lost in the war. Her dad, Ian had gifted the banners to the church a while back.

No comments: