Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Our weekend in Edinburgh






We stayed for 2 nights at a great hotel in Edinburgh where they served all their breakfast choices on Portmeirion china which I loved. The first day (after the wedding) we actually fell asleep after we had breakfast so we didn't start exploring the city until lunchtime which is most unlike us but we had had a busy couple of days before the drive up so I think we really needed the rest. We had a nice walk into town, popped into the Wesley Owen bookshop, had Frescato at Costa Coffee before heading to see Britannia in Leith. We went from Princes Street on the bus which seemed the easiest option although I don't really like going on buses.
It was amazing to see this famous ship that we can remember hosted Royal honeymoons and visits around the world for the Royal family. A great tourist place to go.

After that we went to my favourite pizza place - Pizza Express and I had, predictably, the fiorentina followed by mascarpone and miniature marinated figs with a decaff latte. This was my birthday celebration and it was a perfect meal choice for me. We then walked back to the hotel and watched a movie.

On Sunday we went to church where we caught up with lots of friends plus Mike's parents and their friends who were on holiday nearby. We had a lunch after church and then Mike and I headed to Glasgow to stay with my parents for a few days.

No comments: