Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Cotswolds & Cheltenham






We bypassed Moreton in Marsh as it was market day and jam packed without any parking which was a shame but on we went to Stow and had a mooch around. had lunch in The New England Coffee House...I had cherry soda...it was the bees knees! Then after a quick look in Scotts of Stow we drove on to Cheltenham and walked up the high street (not very nice) but onto Montpellier area which was lovely, gracious Georgian architecture, gardens, statues, a Cath Kidston shop (I didn't get to look, note to self : go back to Cheltenham without any men next time!) There was also a wine shop that offered wine, coffee and cake and chocolates...I'll be back! We had a quick coffee stop and then went onto Broadway for another walk up the high street and a look at the gorgeous stone cottages and hotels. The Lygon Arms looks amazing. Mike said we will go back there for a meal and a stay...I'll remember that!
Afterwards we drove into the outskirts of Birmingham and met mum and dad's friend Anna who they met in Dublin. It was lovely to meet her after hearing about her for a few years now. She has relocated from Oz via Dublin to the UK. So we had a nice meal with her and then home to bed.

1 comment:

Thomas Wentworth Hardy said...

Hi,I like your photos of architecture.My name is Tom and I manipulate photos in Photoshop.would I be able to use some of your photos as the basis for artworks? Thanks Tom Hardy Australia.