Thursday, February 05, 2009

Snow (British-style)










At last a little decent snow has arrived to play in. It's been light all week and then overnight around 3 inches fell here. Apparently we have the least snow in the Midlands. I was amazed this morning how many people were off work...it seemed the whole of the town were sledging in Abbey Fields. The roads were ok too so I don't understand it, even the schools are cancelled.
I went to meet my friend for coffee and the deli wasn't serving - short staffed - unbelievable especially as they were missing out on so much passing trade - everyone walking past the door after sledging.
Anyway, after I did my shopping (Sainsbury's was blissfully quiet) we had broccoli soup & Pizza Express dough balls for lunch. Mike is off work sick - first days off since 2003 - I've never seen him ill since we were together. Then I ventured outside...along to the end of our street - just a few 100 yards to see the castle and then got busy in the back garden before coming in to warm up by the fire.

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

We were so excited when we heard that Britain got snow. We tend to think that we have the corner on the market of snow, but we're more than willing to share. Glad you were able to enjoy it. :)