Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Day


I was determined that Mike and I would celebrate Valentine's Day despite the sadness that was going on. It should be our last as a couple, before the baby is here so that was a good reason and I was also travelling to Scotland the next day and we would be apart for a week, plus I really love Valentine's Day!
We had a quiet day at home as Mike was still really tired after the flu. We did a little housey stuff, our plans for a walk didn't materialise so I did some scrapbooking and then we had dinner.
It was my year to cook, we take it in turns, so we had steak finished with brandy & cream, a whole load of veggies and baked potatoes followed by a chocolate fondue.
I gave Mike a Bond DVD and some kissing ladybirds...they move together on a wire and make kissing noises which really amused me although he didn't seem quite so keen on them!
Afterwards we watched the Bond movie...although I didn't last the course and went to bed early!




2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi! Annie

Nice to hear from you again. It is a pain when computers crash and we lose data. Been there! Takes a while to get back to normal.

How sad that you lost your friend so suddenly and so young.

I was scrolling through lots of your blog and was quite taken with the decorated post boxes. Fun.

ChaChaneen said...

Greetings Annie!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! It's always nice to meet new people. Yes I love afternoon tea~ wish my budget would allow for more of them.

By the way, I lurve that post with the donuts next to the cups! That sounds sooooo yummy right now! ha ha

And.... congratulations on your upcoming arrival of baby! That is exciting news!

Have a blessed day!
Janeen