Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday morning - yeah!

We read Micah 6 this morning before breakfast. " What goes the Lord require of you?" and then it goes on to list what He DOES require...but how good are we at doing those things? here's the list - Act justly
Love mercy
Walk humbly with your God.

I'd like to think I'm "just" in the big things but do I sometimes try to get my fair share of things?
Loving mercy - is that God's mercy to me, to everyone, to the nations? And how much do I really think about that? Every day, once a week, every hour?? Or does it mean we have to love BEING merciful to others - does that include when driving?! Seriously I am probably at my least compassionate then.

Walking humbly with God. Do we even consider that we are walking with God...or do we walk and hope He will graciously follow us? And if we are walking with God could we really describe it as walking humbly? It's difficult to be humble these days, we are a materialistic society, we love success (yes, we may attribute all of that to God) we often pat ourselves, and each other, on the back (esteeming our brother etc) so where is the humility in all this? It's far removed from those humble beginnings in a stable. I have to think about that one today.

Well time to put the kettle on...

No comments: