Saturday, March 10, 2007

On the Sunday...





We got up as early as possible and went to Anne Frank's house. This was very moving. I had read the book as a child and then also saw the play in Canada a few years back and so I couldn't believe that I actually stood in Anne's bedroom.
We had lunch afterwards in their cafe - cassis - very Dutch apparently "nobody English ever has this..." I didn't mention I was Scottish but that may explain it?! Also the most glorious tomato soup - chunks of fresh tomato, short noodles and fresh herbs liberally scattered - wonderful. Then we walked some more canals, saw the flower market, enjoyed waffles, cherry compote and ice cream in our little cafe and then went to the hotel before heading back to Il Palio (the same restaurant as we went the previous night) This time followed by a trip to Ben & Jerry's!

No comments: