Monday, March 19, 2007

This week...

I've had a very annoying cough - I think it is finally slowing down. My husband says he is fed up with it!!!

I did a Spring Fair on Saturday which was a bit quiet but it was a lovely event - met some very nice people and bought some yummy cupcakes. In the afternoon we walked at Lowsonford with some friends which was lovely - it was a gorgeous day - we walked along the canal then stopped for a drink at The Crab Mill, Preston Bagot. On the way back along the road we stopped in to look at a church and a local chap (who was there to lock up) told us about the fabulous stained glass windows - Burne Jones - saved from a church that was destroyed by fire in Birmingham. Such a beautiful church with awesome views.
At night Mike and I had fish and chips - very nice and just lazed about. I had a bath and went to bed early with my book - Second Honeymoon by Joanna Trollope - I bought the wrong book - it was meant to be Anita Shreve's Second Honeymoon. The book is ok although the main character, Edie , is a pain of a woman so I'll be glad to finish it and get shot of her!
Went to church yesterday and although it was quiet (was everyone visiting their mothers?) it was a great service and we had good chats with people. (With PJ about Canada, China and NZ)
Afterwards we unexpectedly had lunch at Blooms where we had gone to buy veg seeds.

Today I am working finishing some orders and mailing some new supplements out. Also I am making lemon curd and dusting the conservatory and bedroom. Tomorrow I go to Glasgow and then when I am back we have visitors so I want to prepare for that before I go.

No comments: