Wednesday, January 05, 2011

An exciting Saturday - it's called "work"



I do love, love my work. From being in banking for a long time to escaping to work for myself it has been like a breath of fresh air. Now I work part-time and I'm self employed.
I am a Phoenix Trader selling a range of stationery items, mainly cards, which are designed by talented artists and 'Made in the UK' - this is very unusual in the card world these days. I sell via brochures and at some events like school fairs and summer fetes and at playgroups and I do mail order too. I also have a wonderful team of traders who have joined me along the way and that's really motivating.
The flexibility of my work means I can be a stay-at-home mum and my earnings pay for family holidays and also some investments. An extra bonus of course is that I love what I do!!

The company was set up by a group of women who planned it round their kitchen table as they were fed up spending a fortune on cards and wrap for their kids' parties - they all invested £10 and did a print run of cards and doubled their money. They re-invested and did it again and kept doing that. Five years down the line they became a limited company and so on until here they are now a fabulous company with impeccable ethics and great customer service to the customers and also to the traders.

In over 6 years of being a Trader I have yet to find something that I don't like about the company.

So this weekend is one of the real highlights of my year - a conference on Saturday, talks and workshops and networking and dinner to follow with likeminded Phoenixxy people. I always come away buoyed up and super-enthused for the year ahead and having had a simply lovely time. What's more this year the location is on my doorstep so I can fall out of bed and get their easily I hope.

Cannot wait!!!!! Three more sleeps :)

No comments: