Sunday, January 09, 2011

Emma Bridgewater


One of my favourite things this holiday was that we went to Emma Bridgewater pottery up in Stoke on Trent. It was sale day and we had been out with friends arriving at the pottery later than planned (sat nav led us a merry dance!) and it was 4.55pm when we got there. It closed at 5.30. For the first ten minutes I just felt in total panic not knowing where to start then I got my act together and bought (quite) a few bits....2 more pasta bowls, a birds jug and a robin and bunny baby mug. It's amazing how fast you can spend quite a lot of money in very little time just because the store is closing. I was really pleased with my choices - just wished we had more time to look at the pottery. The cafe was nice and we got a gingerbread man for Martha to make the journey home a little sweeter.
Can't wait to go back someday soon. . . . . . .

1 comment:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

It's a fab place isn't it?
We've been a few times to paint items, we've got some terrific mugs and a great fruit plate that we made.