Friday, July 08, 2011

I love Glasgow in the rain











This is the second summer where we have stopped off at the art gallery on our way through Glasgow. I just love stopping in the city and seeing places that are so familiar to me and that I never get a chance to visit properly now.

Martha loves all the animals on display, Mike loved the organ recital this year (they play every day at 1pm which is so impressive) and I love the paintings.

Last year The Glasgow Boys exhibition was showing and I thought it was utterly fabulous whereas I had heard others complain it was too crushed and dark - but if you just shut yourself off and looked at these paintings they are full of greatness and social history and exotics and a picture in time all rolled into one, not too mention the technical/physical talent.

This year I met a friend (the husbands and kids all wandered and we had an hour or so catch-up) and we had a quick run round the Glasgow art area together which was lovely - lots of Rennie Macintosh and Margaret Macdonald and Jessie King work.

It was drizzling in Glasgow, same as last year, but still beautiful....tinseltown in the rain.







No comments: