Monday, September 01, 2008

Calke Abbey



I visited National Trust property - Calke Abbey in Derbyshire while Mike was on a course.
It was a beautiful day.
The house is advertised as a "house in decline" It was interesting to see the stuffed birds and animals as some of them you never get to see close up in real life. Not nice to think about how they got there though.
The gardens were lovely and I was particularly interested to see the vegetable garden, although much of the soft fruit didn't seem to be getting picked on time which seemed odd.
I really enjoyed my day there. Had lunch, read my book outside, watched the deer in the field next to the house.
On the way home we stopped at Hobbycraft for me to stock up on more scrapbooking papers...at last I am getting it up to date.

No comments: