Monday, September 01, 2008

A German Jaunt








We went to Germany - M had to work there so I went as a tourist.
It was very hot. I would walk miles in the morning and come back to the hotel and get into a very cool bath for an hour every day! There was a beautiful park there where I felt very safe walking despite the number of local oddities that I met there.
There was a palace there which was very nice to walk around, there were lovely vine covered walkways, gardens, river views and a restaurant at the palace that we went to twice.
Also we found a good Mexican/Cuban restaurant where I would go to read my book in the shade and drink mojitos...yum!
We had delicious Sacher torte and a strawberry mousse confection that simply melted in your mouth.
I loved Aschaffenburg where we stayed at first - we would never normally have discovered this place if it wasn't work related and I'm really glad that we did.

1 comment:

Hemant Saluja said...

Hi,

You collect good photographs. Germany is really beautiful place. All locations are very nice. Thanks for giving photographs of Germany. I also want to go this place. "Good luck for your next trip".

===================================
look4ward